To submit your #AfrikaVuka event photos, just send us an e-mail and follow the instructions below.
- Add your photos as attachments, making sure not to exceed individual photo size of 3MB.
- Submit only one photo per email.
- Use your action country as the subject.
- The body of your email will be the caption for your photos. Include a compelling one-sentence description of your event and what is happening in the photo (include any photographer credits in the e-mail body/caption).
- Send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org
All submitted photos and action report content may be reproduced under an Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 license.
Streaming Video Link
Upload to Dropbox
We also have a Dropbox where you can upload your video files and we can share them through our networks or use them in our wrap-up videos. Here’s how:
- Create a highlight reel
- This should include only the very best shots from your event — aim for five minutes or less. It doesn’t need to be a polished edit, but including only the best shots will help make things easier.
- Types of shots that are most useful are:
- wide-angle shots that show the full scope of the event
- medium shots that show action, chanting, signs, marching, etc.
- close-up portrait shots that show the faces of the movement
- any powerful audio: quotes from speeches, cheers, chants, etc.
- Export your file
- We can handle multiple file formats, but your footage will ideally be transcoded be of high resolution — 720P or higher.
- Name the file with “City, Country – #AfrikaVuka – Videographer Name.” For example, “Nairobi, Kenya – Paul Mutuku.mov”
- Submit Your Videos